Saturday, December 8, 2012

Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!

Posted by Laura (Moñacos, Cosicas y Meriendacenas) at 3:36 AM


This is my geeky amigurumi of the week. Maybe you recognized him: This is Guybrush Threepwood, the protagonists of the Monkey Island video game saga .



When I started to show people the kind of dolls I made,  guys (I can mention here Dani, Alb, Edu...) told me " you should do a Guybrush, you should do a Guybrush"".  Well, done. In this case is for my friend Dani, whom I owed a lemming since I don't know when. So instead of that I made this doll which I knew he'd like better.You know, to make it up for the lateness.

Here are some pics:



He has eyebrows and a prominent nose. The goatee and the forelock were tricky, but I think they ended up ok. I don't know which color  the pixelated eyes of  Guybrush are, so I decided blue suited him well..



I tried hard to make the body and clothes very detailed without using felt. Everything is crocheted or embroidered. I'm really happy with the results. I made him in the Monkey Island II outfit since it was Dani's favorite. Here are some pics of the original for reference:

















Sorry if it sounds wrong, but I think is one of my best works to date.

I hope you like it and that you tell me what you think of him!



PS: Maybe in the future I will crochet something like this three headed monkey, so freaky and cute:




                                                   (Pic source: Fuckinglazy)

6 comments:

  1. Que bonito, te quedan todas las cosas muy bien!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muy bien detallado. Te ha quedado genial. No he visto todos tus amigurumis pero de momento puedo decir que los dos que he visto están muy bien :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que salao!! Te ha quedado muy majo . mi nivel no alcanzaria todavia al mono de tres cabezas... :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Geekurumi Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea