Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Bride from Kill Bill

Posted by Laura (Moñacos, Cosicas y Meriendacenas) at 9:03 AM
"I am gonna kill Bill."



Today's bride is no blushing bride. She's not wearing a white gown and instead of a flower bouquet she  carries an exclusive katana by Hattoni Hanzo. You have maybe recognized her from the  Kill Bill movies: she's  The Bride/ Beatrix Kiddo .


I made this doll as a wedding favor for my friend Elena. She was one of the first characters I made since I have a really clear idea of what to make for Elena. She's a great fan of Uma and Tarantino so I thought it could be appropiate... not much as wedding related though, lol.



I made her with the famous yellow suit, Tarantino's own homage to Bruce Lee's yellow suit.



The truth is that for a merciless assassin in search of revenge the doll has a really sweet and cute face...doesn't she?






I made her legs and body with a smaller number of stitcher per round as I'm used to to simulate Uma's thin body. I used a light color of yellow yarn to make the hair as similar as hers as possible. 
You would see that I'm no Hanzo making katanas. Mine has wire for her to grab it, though.



 Here you have some more pics... Please mind that she's having a bad hair day,  but you'd had it  too after fighting the Crazy 88. Please forgive that ;)












4 comments:

  1. Me repito como el ajo, ¡pero es que me gustan todos! Jajajaja. Son geniales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quedó hermosa... mi novio me decía que tejiera un Bruce Lee con ese traje amarillo :)

    Saludos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enhorabuena por tus trabajos son fantásticos. ¿Los vendes? si es así cuanto cuesta esta de Kill Bill???, ¿o vendes los patrones?. Mi email es evalopezc@hotmail.com

    Saludos
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. te ha quedado preciosa, igualita a la original. Muy buen trabajo. un besazo

    ReplyDelete

 

Geekurumi Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea