Sunday, October 23, 2011

First attempts

Posted by Laura (Moñacos, Cosicas y Meriendacenas) at 7:27 AM
As I told you about  in the previous post, with a thin yarn I couldn't see the stitches and it was hard to see what I was doing. I started with a cotton yarn (which now I love and use in all my amigurumi, but  it was a pain for me in the beginning because it frayed A LOT in my inexperienced hands).

So I tried  youtube tutorials with a thicker yarn and an easier pattern . I made this mouse :





This is the video tutorial I used, it's from Art of Crochet by Teresa. She explains the stitches needed very clearly and with stop motion so  you can follow her (either if you are right handed or left handed, she's great!). If you are a beginner, or even if your not, I recommend you check her YouTube channel, you'll learn a lot!





After the mouse, and more confident with what I learned by watching Teresa's tutorials, I went for another easy pattern, but I wanted something ... more  geeky or Disney-sy. So I made Eve, from Wall-E, since I love that movie and she's so adorable.






Here's the pattern I use. Thanks to Sukigirl for sharing it.



Her eyes are not perfect... but hey, I didn't know any embroidery techniques at that time!

I hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. Lauri, que haces cosas muyy bonitas, que envidia!!!! sigue asi!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Geekurumi Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea