Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Count that counts

Posted by Laura (Moñacos, Cosicas y Meriendacenas) at 3:04 PM


I was asked if I could make an amigurumi doll of Count von Count (or Conde Draco, as he is known in Spain.) Remember him? He is a character  from Sesame Street who loved to count the things in his castle. This commission made me very happy, it reminded me when I was a kid and counted along with him.  I'm glad more people remember (and preferred) good old vampires, not the modern ones who just whine and shine in the sun, lol :)


I made him in short time notice since it was for a birthday present. I think I beat my own record crocheting  and sewing that many pieces in just two afternoons work.







The eyes and mouth are made of felt. The monocule is made of black wire and it's removable.






The cape is made of green and black felt and it's also removable (I forgot to take a pic of him without it!).
 I attached a mobile strap so the new owner would be able to hang it up.












I'm sorry for the pics, they are also made in a rush!

I hope you like him!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Geekurumi Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea