Saturday, October 13, 2012

Chibi dolls

Posted by Laura (Moñacos, Cosicas y Meriendacenas) at 9:28 AM

Chibi  is a japanese word to describe a short person, a kid or a childish caricature version of a character. For instance, take this image of the characters of Sailor Moon in their "normal" design and in their Chibi one:

 


I have already shown you my chibi versions of Sailor Moon and the Harry Potter characters in amigurumi. I love to make chibi characters to use as a  brooch or keychain. I'm planning to make lots of these since they are fun and easy to make. Any suggestions or ideas of whose chibi I should make?


This week I have two new to show you, Princess Leia and Dr Zoidberg.

The simple design of the princess is perfect for this type of dolls: 
:








Zoidberg  is a commission for my friend Judith, who asked me for one of these ages ago (sorry!)




I'm really proud of his face tentacles and crazy look   ^^







PD: In Spanish I named this type of dolls as "Chibi-moñacos",  as a reference of the original name of my blog. "Moñacos" is used as an endearing alternative term for "muñecos" (which means dolls) so moñacos would be something like "dollies", more or less. 

I hope you liked my chibi moñacos and that you let me now which other characters you'd like to see as one of these!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Geekurumi Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea