Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mini-Warbler

Posted by Laura (Moñacos, Cosicas y Meriendacenas) at 8:19 PM

Well... how to explain this. I had my master thesis defense and I made myself a brooch for the event. The thesis was about Glee and its use of technology and internet tools in the construction and development of the series. Yes, I know what you are thinking... but I think is quite interesting... and I loved the 3 first seasons of Glee... do you remember when it used to be soooo good? Now it has lost most of my interest, honestly, Ryan Murphy...what do you want from us?.

The brooch I made was a Warbler, Blaine inspired, since he is my favorite. Yes, I know, it's a nerdy thing to do. Anyway, since I was not really sure of  the university committee watching the series (since... you know, it's not the usual topic or text a senior teacher in a university comittee  would expect to be analyzed)  I thought it would be a fun test to see if they recognize the doll...well,  they didn't.

I liked how the doll turned out though, it had more details than the ones I was used to make in felt.
The tie is a crochet chain in two colors.






The original one, in case you don't know him:

Darren Criss as Blaine in Fox's Glee
The Warblers in Fox's Glee

Look! with no hair he looks like Caillou!




Too school for cool, maybe?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Geekurumi Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea